Wednesday, April 28, 2010

blogging universe - the new home!

the  writeup dated 25th april, 2010 that is posted here is also posted on the "note" section on my Facebook account.  I am touched by the way people are writing about their experiences there - it is full of energy, talks about their angst, their sadness, their grief, their loss, their exhilaration, their need to break free, their desire, their aspiration and so many other emotions.

someone wrote there that he feels my writing sometimes evokes and creates a collective shared space.  I was wondering perhaps that is what a blogging space is all about ... to create a collective shared space for expression and relating of people who are otherwise not related .. across countries, across culture, across interests and professions, across gender ...

I follow various blogs on the net ... blogs of men and women who regularly posts wonderful and moving stories about their lives along with cooking recipes and photograph, of grandmas who talk about the education system, of men and women who are writing about their passion in life be it food, literature, daily life, children, politics and what have you.  I also read the comments that are left on the posts by other bloggers, readers and they are equally thoughtful and thought-provoking.

It is a whole new world out here in its presentation and format but the content and emotion are the same as we would have done sitting among friends - except  that here we are presenting ourselves to the world at large without knowing who sits on the other side.  for me it provides both thrill and excitement of reaching out to an unknown audience and be totally open to being evaluated by them one way or the other.

If not anywhere else, here, in the world of the world wide web, do I have feel of what the universe would be like - infinite, unknown, inviting and has both the potential of being a second home as well as  a real threat.

4 comments:

  1. Read your posts on self-caring, domestic help... I have similar thoughts as you on so many issues !
    I'm always told I over-analyse, good to see someone else who thinks so much :) Will be back for more - am following u!
    Remember seeing somewhere that you are a psychotherapist, is that right? Will be good if u read my blog and commented, ur views will be interesting for sure! In India there is so much stigma associated with seeing a psychiatrist, sad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Arundhati: good to hear from you. This over-analyse thing is something that i have been hearing ever since i was a teenager :-) to be a "thinking" person would also mean to be different - most times it is not acceptable in the social milieu that we exist.

    in India (in southeast asia) we know very little about mental illness and believe in its cure even less ... hence the stigma. but things are changing, slowly and thats a good sign.

    I am actually following your blog for the last three days. i like the way you write. more, later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you add me on fb or at least leave a message so I can connect ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @eve's lungs: you can find me as "sharbori gomes" in facebook. I would love to connect with you there as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your views, thoughts and feelings with me here: