Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Poor Facebook

I am holding out a candle for FB here. I keep hearing from many people, especially people who like to take themselves very seriously, comments about FB and such other sites, which are often evaluative, judgemental and dismissive. I then notice that most of the these people are not even regular user of the site, although all of them have their account in it and despite their negative perceptions, have not checked out of the site.

I have been in Facebook since the last two years and i do enjoy the occasional tomfoolery, sharing of light moments, sharing of photographs, thoughts, opinions, and many other such things. But what i most enjoy and like about FB is that there are many others who are using this tool to spread their message about deeply held beliefs, political stances, seeking support, sharing other people's ideas by re posting their ideas, causes, videos, poems, articles,etc. Also it is a great place to connect with people from long forgotten past, keeping track of people and exchanging news with many people at one go.

The number of responses that i have received from my notes posted on FB are far more than any postings in my blog or in other e-gruops.

Lastly, it is an effective tool and the utility of the tool depends upon how we use it and not define it by how others are using it - that I think is a very "frivolous" thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your views, thoughts and feelings with me here: